- All aspects involved in the maintenance/installation works undertaken by the company including the managing/overseeing of equipment despatched to site.
- To complete the necessary completion certificates for handover to client and carry out witness testing and associated documentation as required.
- To monitor the works and provide reports as necessary as to project status.
- To efficiently and effectively direct other employees/contractors engaged in works on behalf of the company.
- Without compromising quality, health, safety or the environment efficiently manage projects to maximise the profits of the company.
- To report directly to the designated contracts manager
- At all times and in all respects conform to and comply with the proper and reasonable directions and regulations of the company
- Interconnection/Testing/Commissioning of LV Switchgear
- Promote the broad ownership of risk management;
- Control hazards to health to prevent work related ill health;
- Keep pace with change to identify and tackle new risk management challenges;
- Target ‘zero harm’ to ultimately eliminate defects, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and pollution;
- At all times and in all respects conforming to and complying with the proper and reasonable directions and regulations of the company.
- Be aware of the quality, health, safety and environmental (QHSE) matters related to the works in hand;
- Ensure method statements are understood, acknowledged and followed;
- Ensure the safety and welfare of other people who may be affected by the works in hand;
- Ensure PPE is used correctly and is in good condition;
- Ensure work equipment is used correctly and is in good working order;
- Ensure work at height is carried out correctly and safely;
- Implement fire prevention measures with respect to work methods and housekeeping;
- Ensure emergency response and means of escape arrangements are maintained;
- Report near misses and accidents to the Site Service Manager;
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high standard of attention to detail. They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment and demonstrate flexibility.
Preferably an electrician, with proven knowledge and experience in LV Switchgear but not a necessity as full internal training will be provided.
Training and Qualifications
- A current UKATA Asbestos Awareness Certificate
- A valid Manual Handling Awareness Certificate
- A current and relevant ESC Card
Competitive salary, benefits and pension scheme is offered.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org