The technical author will be responsible for creating risk assessment method statements (RAMS) for project and Critical Power Services (CPS) tasks undertaken by the company’s employees in line with the company’s RAMS request system. Documentation will be created using Microsoft Word and issued in Adobe PDF / PDF form formats. Typical tasks include Factory Acceptance Testing, Site dead testing (Inspection / Mechanical / Insulation / Ductor / Circuit Breakers), Site commissioning (Live systems check), Site modifications and Site service works. Clear lines of communication will be established with project management, CPS operations management and SHEQ in the UK and Ireland during the authoring process and workload managed accordingly to meet the company’s demanding schedules.
The role also presents the opportunity to be involved with developing the RAMS request system and associated documentation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Generate Risk Assessment Method Statement documentation.
• Manage workload effectively to deliver RAMS in a timely manner.
• Positive engagement in the developing company RAMS production systems.
• Build and maintain relationships with key internal personnel.
• Assist in employee training, development and engagement.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• A minimum of GCSE English Grade 4 (formerly grade C) or equivalent.
• Excellent personnel management and communication skills.
• A team player with a positive attitude towards work and staff engagement.
• Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Excellent PC skills, particularly Microsoft office.
• Proficient in the understanding of electrical engineering drawings.
• Operate with a high level of attention to detail.
• An appreciation of risk associated with electrical engineering tasks.
• Working knowledge of Switchgear and Controlgear assemblies would be advantageous.