As part of our companies continued growth and expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen within our Weld department at our Walton-Summit, Preston site.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be able to;
- Work to Standard Operating procedures
- Work to daily work schedule
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Grinding of all components
- Fabricating cabinets
- Grinding cabinets
- Welding inner frames and doors
- Grinding inner frames and doors
- Use of saw and guillotine to cut parts for plinths
- Capability to produce finished product without assistance
- Safe use of MIG welder and 4.5 inch and 9-inch grinder
- Safe use of TIG welder and 4.5 inch and 9-inch grinder
- Assessing work/instructions received from management
- Ensure a Balanced work flow into Grind and Paint dept
- Pass into Paint Dept complete kit of material for painting
- Ensure work meets quality standards
- Maintain high levels of health and safety
- Adhere to zero tolerance H & S rules
- Report any H & S Deviations
- Maintain HIGH STANDARDS of house keeping
- Attend team meetings as required
- Actively take part in any Continuous Improvement events
- Recommend change to methods and tooling where appropriate
Experience of MIG, TIG and STICK welding is essential.
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high standard of attention to detail.
- They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment and demonstrate flexibility; in return for which a competitive salary will be offered.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision will be essential.