Reporting directly into the Warehouse Team Leader, this is a frontline leadership role assisting the day-to-day operation of the Warehouse. Exceptional service delivery to customers both internal and external is the key operational requirement of this role along with the need for excellent personnel management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing and organising kitting requirements with a hands-on approach
- Carry out continuous stock checks in line with clear to build
- Cover the Team Leader duties in their absence
- Make continuous efforts to improve the standard of warehouse housekeeping
- Adherence to stock management systems
- Monitoring accuracy and organisation during unloading/inspection of all inbound goods/returned product.
- Assist in the supervising of picking and kitting process for accuracy and to ensure both internal and external customer’s orders are fulfilled.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies, procedures and work instructions as appropriate
- Building and maintaining relationships with key internal customers
- Daily liaison with Manufacturing and Supply Chain to monitor and improve processes.
- Full adherence to health and safety policy and procedures.
- Assisting in employee training, development and engagement
- Suggest new and innovative ideas to your Team Leader which may improve performance
- Carry out any additional task required on request
- Ability to work at the Team Leaders alternative site upon request
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience in leading a team in a warehousing and logistics environment.
- Exceptional personnel management and communication skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude towards work and staff engagement.
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety controls.
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and operation of WMS systems.
- Excellent PC skills, particularly Microsoft office.
Hours of work
- 0930hrs-1800hrs Monday-Thursday
- 0930hrs-1700hrs Friday
- Work 1 Saturday in every 8 on a rotational basis (overtime rate)