Job Title: Test Engineer
Reports to: Production Coordinator / Operations Manager
Location: Dundalk, Ireland
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all operational quality aspects associated with product manufacture and release.
- Responsible for the successful validation and qualification of process and raw material changes.
- Establish inspection plans, frequencies and test methods for incoming material/parts.
- Investigate Quality problems associated with the production department and implement effective corrective and preventive measures.
- Support introduction of new products into the site ensure products are designed and validated to the required quality and regulatory standards.
- Ensures key quality metrics (CAPA management, First Pass Quality, Complaints, etc) are attained.
- Drive/support & implement continuous improvement projects with the operations team using Process Excellence lean/six sigma tools.
- Quality system training of Anord personnel as per defined training plans.
- Ensures the pertinent corporate quality and regulatory standards are attained.
- Maintains strong communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in and supports the Internal and External Audit Programme.
- Participate in teams to help make necessary improvements and changes to all process related issues in the production department.
- Identify and Implement continuous improvements in conjunction with the operations team.
- Liaise with Vendors and Customers on quality related issues, internal and external.
- Additional duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Qualified Electrician – 4+ Years’ experience
- Strong team member with the ability to identify and drive implementation of innovative quality improvements.
- Demonstrate and actively promote high levels of professional quality engineering.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company.
- Ability to write clear, concise technical protocols and reports.
- Good administrative/organisational ability with high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers, customers and regulatory contacts in an informed professional manner.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Demonstrable ability to read electrical drawings and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong technical understanding of set up and maintenance of manufacturing processes, experience in validation, equipment design and Lean Manufacturing