The technical administrator will be responsible assisting the company’s technical authors with day to day administrative tasks relating to technical document production. Primarily, this includes editing and assembling multiple documents into a single PDF and creating PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat Pro. Coinciding with this, documents will be filed in the appropriate place and issued to Anord Mardix employees, Clients and their Document Controllers alike. Clear lines of communication will be established with all persons interacted with and workload managed accordingly to meet the company’s workflow.
The role can lead to a technical authoring role for the successful candidate; creating risk assessment method statements (RAMS) for project and Critical Power Services (CPS) tasks undertaken by the company’s employees in line with requests and creating test documentation for use with the inhouse developed iOS Engineer App in both Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF form formats. Interaction with company’s Vision database and coordination of data therein is also involved. There is also the opportunity to further understand the operation of Anord Mardix assemblies as part of the authoring process.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist technical authors with day to day document assembly and editing.
• Liaise with Anord Mardix Document Controllers, Project Managers and Operations Managers.
• Distribute technical documentation.
• Copy, scan and file documents in physical and digital records.
• Retrieve documents as requested by company employees and clients.
• Review and update technical documents (e.g. RAMS or manuals) with direction.
• Prioritise workflow to ensure time critical documentation is issued promptly.
• Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information and terms of agreement.
• Build and maintain relationships with key internal personnel.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• A minimum of GCSE English Grade 4 (formerly grade C) or equivalent.
• Excellent personnel management and communication skills.
• A team player with a positive attitude towards work and staff engagement.
• Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Excellent PC skills, particularly Microsoft office.
• Operate with a high level of attention to detail.