Roles and Responsibilities
- All aspects involved in the maintenance/installation works undertaken by the company including the managing/overseeing of equipment despatched to site.
- To complete the necessary completion certificates for handover to client and carry out witness testing and associated documentation as required.
- To monitor the works and provide reports as necessary as to project status.
- To efficiently and effectively direct other employees/contractors engaged in works on behalf of the company.
- Without compromising quality, health, safety or the environment efficiently manage projects to maximise the profits of the company.
- To report directly to the designated contracts manager
- At all times and in all respects conform to and comply with the proper and reasonable directions and regulations of the company
- Interconnection/Testing/Commissioning of LV Switchgear
- Promote the broad ownership of risk management;
- Control hazards to health to prevent work related ill health;
- Keep pace with change to identify and tackle new risk management challenges;
- Target ‘zero harm’ to ultimately eliminate defects, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and pollution;
- At all times and in all respects conforming to and complying with the proper and reasonable directions and regulations of the company.
- Be aware of the quality, health, safety and environmental (QHSE) matters related to the works in hand;
- Ensure method statements are understood, acknowledged and followed;
- Ensure the safety and welfare of other people who may be affected by the works in hand;
- Ensure PPE is used correctly and is in good condition;
- Ensure work equipment is used correctly and is in good working order;
- Ensure work at height is carried out correctly and safely;
- Implement fire prevention measures with respect to work methods and housekeeping;
- Ensure emergency response and means of escape arrangements are maintained;
- Report near misses and accidents to the Site Service Manager;
Knowledge and Skills Required
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in a similar role, must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high standard of attention to detail. They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment and demonstrate flexibility.
- Preferably an electrician, with proven knowledge and experience in LV Switchgear but not a necessity as full internal training will be provided.
- Valid Manual Handling Awareness Certificate
- Current and relevant Solas Card
Anord Mardix offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, company pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career and progress within the company.
To apply, please complete our online application form or email your CV and cover letter to Rachel Hughes, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and we have implemented various measures of social distancing within our factories to ensure our employees are kept safe and well during these unprecedented times. We are constantly reviewing and adhering to all government and medical advice.