The role of Production Manager will ensure on-time finished switchgear delivery to our clients, through all phases of the production system. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in an IR environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Head of Operations to ensure component delivery timelines are met to the correct quality and efficiency standards.
- Validate the efficiency of the production function through the development, implementation and reporting of appropriate KPI’s and implementing corrective actions where required.
- Provide direction and leadership to the production team ensuring appropriate visibility for production requirements.
- Ensures all employees are working to the correct Health & Safety standards and that all equipment and the production environment is maintained and operated in a safe manner.
- Implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles to the production department.
- Ensuring the correct level of resource is available to meet production schedules on an ongoing basis, inclusive of holidays, absences etc.
- Liaise with Project Managers and design to ensure deadlines are met
- Minimise any additional costs that may be incurred during the production process and report when and why additional costs have been incurred and how they can be avoided
- Responsible for the hiring, training and development of production personnel and facilitating improvement where required.
- Managing production employees to ensure standards of behaviour / discipline are met and maintained.
- Manages the quality of our products and administers corrective action as needed.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
Degree / Higher Diploma in Production Management or similar discipline
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 5 years’ experience in a medium / high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in an IR environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower a team to drive a high standard of accountability in working towards deadlines
- Experience with Low Voltage switchgear manufacture would be an advantage
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in senior management capacity.
- Production background who thrives on a demanding and challenging environment
- Proficient IT skills, particularly in MS Excel, Word and Project
- Effective communicator to senior and middle management
- Excellent planning skills.
- Organised, dependable and excellent time management.
- Excellent people skills and ability to implement performance measures to ensure production standards are met.
- Adaptable problem solver.