Key Roles and Responsibilities
- All aspects involved in the maintenance/installation works undertaken by the company including the managing/overseeing of equipment dispatched to site.
- Completing the necessary certificates for handover to client and witness testing and associated documentation, as required.
- Monitoring the works and providing reports as necessary as to project status.
- Efficiently and effectively directing other employees/contractors engaged in works on behalf of the company.
- Interconnection of LV Switchgear
- Without compromising quality, health, safety or the environment’ Efficiently manage projects to maximize the profits of the company.
- Promote the broad ownership of risk management;
- Control hazards to health to prevent work related ill health;
- Supervise contractors to ensure their activities are approved and controlled as required;
- Keep pace with change to identify and tackle new risk management challenges;
- Target ‘zero harm’ to ultimately eliminate defects, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and pollution;
- Communicate performance to promote the benefits of effective risk management;
- At all times and in all respects conforming to and complying with the proper and reasonable directions and regulations of the company.
- Be aware of the quality, health, safety and environmental (QHSE) matters related to the works in hand;
- Communicate and promote QHSE compliance requirements;
- Conduct weekly toolbox talks and task briefings as required;
- Carry out and record site risk assessments;
- Ensure method statements are communicated, understood, acknowledged and followed;
- Ensure all people employed are competent to complete the works in hand;
- Ensure Permit to Work systems are implemented effectively and correctly;
- Monitor the correct completion of site activities;
- Intervene in a timely manner when change, problems or bad practice is identified;
- Lead by example at all times;
- Ensure the safety and welfare of people on site;
- Ensure the safety and welfare of other people who may be affected by the works in hand;
- Ensure PPE is used correctly and is in good condition;
- Ensure work equipment is used correctly and is in good working order;
- Ensure work at height is carried out correctly and safely;
- Implement fire prevention measures with respect to work methods and housekeeping on site
- Report near misses and accidents to the company Project Manager;
- Liaising with clients
You will be required to undertake and supervise all aspects of work related to maintenance and installation works undertaken by the company in accordance with the company’s documented safe system of work, including also:
- Completing records and certificates for handover to clients
- Proving progress reports as necessary as to project status.
- To efficiently supervise and control site works in hand to maximise the profits of the company without compromising quality, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- To report directly to the Site Service Manager.
- At all times, and in all respects, comply with the proper and reasonable directions and regulations of the company.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high standard of attention to detail. They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment and demonstrate flexibility.
Experience in Mechanical installation of Switchgear and supervisor role is essential.
Training and Qualifications:
- A current SSSTS Certificate
- A current UKATA Asbestos Awareness Certificate
- A valid Manual Handling Awareness Certificate
- A current and relevant ESC Card
Competitive salary, benefits and pension scheme is offered