This role provides the opportunity for a Junior Engineer to gain a wealth of experience in a wide range of mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines and beyond with structured mentoring from more experienced team members. The successful candidate will work across multiple disciplines to get a full overview of the life cycle of the product along with the technical acumen required for the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out project design, from initial concept through to detail design, including generation of Bills of Material and production drawings
- Produce manufacturing drawings in line with Company and International Standards
- Assisting Engineers in the completion of Assembly drawings in line with project specifications
- Follow defined processes & procedures when issuing parts into production.
- Generate production documentation as required to improve the production process (work instructions, etc)
- Plan and execute projects in a timely manner in line with the project plan, on time and within budget
- Maintain accurate & complete design records in line with our Document Control function (Autodesk Vault)
- Contribute innovatively to the re-design of electrotechnical components that reduce design and production costs
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers (mechanical engineering, production and Site Team)
- Participate in all aspects of “team” development and goal achievement “Engineering Excellence”
- Help drive continuous improvement activities within Engineering & Production
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, Client and in-house project team
- Proactive risk identification, mitigation and resolution; opportunity & issues identification throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed in accordance with company policies
- Ensure that all works are performed as defined within Anord Mardix’s Quality Management System.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Good understanding of Engineering or related technical discipline
- Mechanical design experience is advantageous but not essential
- Ability to read an electrical schematic would be advantageous
- Ability to achieve thoroughness & accuracy when accomplishing tasks.
- Previous exposure to or experience with electrical equipment design would be advantageous
- Previous knowledge of Autodesk engineering tools would be advantageous (Inventor, Vault, Revit)
- Demonstrated pro-active, practical & flexible approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentational skills
- Necessity to travel to other Anord Mardix locations when requested
- Practical approach to work