You will report to the Software Development Manager and be responsible for providing high-quality business analysis, business requirements and system requirements for organisational change, projects & enhancements, and form part of the working committee within the department in the delivery of high-quality project outcomes.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs for a specific project and change initiative. You will then work with the wider team to ensure your deliverables are completed in line with the agreed timescales.
Within the role, you will create user stories and acceptance criteria to aid our developers & testers in creating quality software that meets the business’ needs and ensures that business & system requirements are achieved.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the UK although some training and meetings may be required in either the Blackburn or Kendal offices.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Engages with users, or their representatives, to understand underlying requirements to be documented in the Business Requirements.
- Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions within the System Requirements.
- Creating and maintaining process flow diagrams, specification and project documentation.
- Undertake process and functional efficiency reviews and provides recommendations for improvement
- Assist our Lead Developer with the production of functional specifications where required.
- Support the design, test and implementation of new processes and Systems Requirements.
- Help design software in line with quality standards.
- Work cohesively with the Software Development Manager to produce software roadmaps for project deliverables.
- Produce and present progress reports to stakeholders, from board level through to end-users.
- Undertake process reviews and update process maps.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 5+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst
- Excellent communication skills, both in a written and verbal format, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Requirements elicitation practices including interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, brainstorming, use cases, role-playing and prototyping.
- Experience in managing stakeholders.
- A strong analytical mind.
- Willingness to attend our own and client meetings & premises to interview users and customers to analyse business & system requirements.
- Experience in Agile or waterfall methodology.
- Good technical design skills including OO design principles and design patterns.
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
Anord Mardix offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, company pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career and progress within the company.
To apply, please complete our online application form or email your CV and cover letter to Danielle Walker, Head of HR, EMEA at email@example.com or click the apply now button below.
As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and we have implemented various measures of social distancing within our factories to ensure our employees are kept safe and well during these unprecedented times. We are constantly reviewing and adhering to all government and medical advice.