Job Title: HSE Manager
Reports to: Head of SHEQ, EMEA
Location: Dundalk, Ireland
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and maintain Organisational Management Systems (ISO 45001 & ISO 14001) to ensure the effective management of Health, Safety and Environment matters.
- Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation.
- Maintain Risk Management within the business, promoting ownership and positive culture.
- Conducting and participating in the Auditing Process to assure compliance to requirements.
- Maintain Organisational Policies and Metrics.
- Proactively communicate and work with operational teams to ensure that HSE is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified.
- Support all business functions with HSE content.
- Monitoring and Measuring objectives and targets in-line with Industrial Injury Frequency Rate.
- Compliance Assurance in line with client, legislation, and best practices.
- Managing, mentoring, and coaching of the HSE team and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace.
- Experience in a similar Health and Safety role within a manufacturing / construction site environment including sub-contractors
- Experience and understanding in the application of the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974.
- Accident and Incident Investigation to implement Permanent Corrective Actions, and reporting of data to external bodies.
- Coordination of Environmental and Health & Safety Programs.
- Experience in Environmental Management Systems, and application of EMS practices.
- Working with local and national bodies to maintain Environmental Permits.
Training and Qualifications
- NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Health & Safety minimum.
- Member of IOSH, Manual Handling preferred.
- Environmental and Health & Safety Auditing.
- Full driving licence is essential as travel between sites is required.
- Excellent understanding of regulations, acts, and Approved Codes of Practice
- Good Decision Making skills supports by regulatory content.
- Ability to support key functions with HSE advice and direction.
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organise own workload and use initiative.
- Confident under pressure and able to handle multifaceted objectives.
- High level of organisation.
- Efficient with thorough methods of working to complete Corrective Actions and identify positive and negative points of action