Anord Mardix design and manufacture innovative switchgear which are typically installed in data centres, large manufacturing sites and commercial buildings such as the headquarters of the world’s largest businesses. Switchgear is a power cable installation and can optionally feature power distribution.
Anord Mardix is part of the Mardix Group, a leading global provider of critical power systems which includes design and manufacture of custom engineered Low Voltage Switchgear, Power Distribution Units, Power Management and Control Systems and on-site installation / lifecycle maintenance services. With a group turnover in excess of £200M and almost 50 years in business the Mardix Group currently employs over 400 staff across the UK with its primary fabrication and assembly sites in Kendal, Cumbria.
The successful candidates must be self-motivated but also demonstrate the ability to work with enthusiasm as part of a growing team. Candidates must work efficiently and provide consistent high quality work product whilst working to deadlines, in return for which Anord Mardix offers good rates of pay with higher rate overtime being available during busy periods. Task specific training will be provided to the successful candidates for operation and daily maintenance of our CU Profi Boschert Copper Punch Previous experience with Boschert or similar CNC Copper Punches and flexibility to work non-standard hours / regular overtime during busy periods would be preferable.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manual handling – loading and unloading of Copper Bar
- Bulk / one-off Program runs
- Use of Sawing Centre for finishing as required by component type
- Programming of customised modules from detailed layout drawings
- Accurately recording stock utilisation (off cuts) and liaising with production management for Priority Job order
- Daily maintenance of the CNC Machining Centre
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Masking of parts prior to Grind / Fold
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding of the operations of CNC punch equipment.
- Programming precision computer equipment according to per-job specifications
- Setting up and maintaining Punch machine to high standard
- Able to understand 2D & 3D drawings
- Maintain High Level of Health & Safety
All applications must be made with a current CV / covering letter via the online application form.