Then there’s our kind of software development manager job. The one where everything isn’t quite so perfectly laid out…yet. The kind of software development job where it’s not only your technical abilities that will be challenged. Where there are all kind of things to solve. Reporting directly to the CIO. This all makes for a better career story, right?
Anord Mardix is growing and so are our markets and customers. If you share our values and could play a part in delivering our strategy then we’d like to meet you. At Anord Mardix, we develop skill sets, encourage curiosity and enable empowerment – we turn jobs into careers.
Key aspects for the Software Development Manager role:
- Ensuring the team understands the company and department goals and that the engineering and architectural strategy is understood and followed by the software developers
- Mentoring and coaching the team – developing them to achieve their potential.
- Working closely with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Working closely with your team, ensuring that development demands are understood, estimated and prioritised so that deliveries are on time and to a high standard
- Working within robust quality assurance, SLA and KPI frameworks
- Along with your team, you will continuously look for optimisations and efficiency improvements across the development and wider engineering function
- Help create application architecture and development standards across technical teams.
- Apply software design principles – cohesion, modularity, encapsulation, implementation.
- Develop scalable enterprise systems in C#.Net using SOLID principles.
- Research technology landscape and provide team lead management.
Experience required for the Software Development Manager:
- Demonstrable experience in working in a fast-paced Agile digital delivery environment
- Demonstrate organisational skills, robust project planning, scoping and delivery techniques
- Strong communication and people skills, to communicate appropriately at both the highest levels of management and the most technical detail within your team.
- Strong problem-solving nature
- Experience in mentoring and coaching other remotely based developers
- Extensive knowledge of Software Architecture, design patterns and standards.
- A solid understanding of Power BI / Data Warehousing architecture.
- A good understanding of the Microsoft Power Platform.
This role is based remotely in the UK.