This role provides the opportunity for an Engineer to gain a wealth of experience in a wide range of electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines and beyond with structured mentoring from more experienced team members. The successful candidate will work across multiple disciplines to get a full overview of the life cycle of the product along with the commercial acumen to compliment the technical aspects of the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Creating 3D mechanical designs of switchboards & associated products ready for production / fabrication purposes
• Ensuring drawings issued to the shop floor are controlled, accurate and easy to follow
• Providing assistance to Production/Test to resolve problems with new & existing product designs
• Assisting with Shop Floor operations, Site operations and Client Witness Testing as required
• Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering
• Liaising with Project Managers and the Mechanical Design Manager on the development of the library of standard drawings
• Travelling to client sites on occasion to carry out surveys
Knowledge and Skills Required
• 3rd level degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• Experience in a mechanical design role in a commercial environment
• Proficient in the use of 3D CAD software, preferably Autodesk Inventor & Vault
• Experience with sheet metal design
• Ability to read schematics would be beneficial
• Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines and work as part of a team or independently as required
• Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Previous experience of mechanical design of electrical equipment such as power distribution, packaged substations or switchgear would be considered advantageous, as would the knowledge & understanding of other electrical systems
Why Work for Us?
At Anord Mardix, we know just how important it is to value our team. Because, without our employees, we wouldn’t be us.
So what are the benefits that you can look forward to as an Anord Mardix employee? Whether it’s a Cycle to Work scheme, buying annual leave or getting funding for the training and development you need to take the next step in your career, we’ll do our best to help.
As an Anord Mardix employee, you can look forward to the following benefits;
- Contributory pension scheme
- Early finish time every Friday
- Statutory leave top-up payments
- Buying & selling annual leave
- Further education financial support
- Flexible working and work from home policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Christmas saving scheme