Lead Software Developer
You would be leading in the design, development, and continuing maintenance of the company’s systems.
Key aspects for the Lead Software Developer role:
- Writing efficient and secure code.
- Developing cloud-native software and Power Platform solutions as part of a roadmap to remove technical debt from our portfolio.
- Taking pride in the end-to-end delivery and ongoing support of our existing products.
- Planning system designs up front, ability to prototype ideas and respond and adapt to feedback and improvements from other developers in the team.
- Keeping up to date in the fields of programming and technology with a view to introducing new ideas, tools and processes within the IT department.
- Line managing a small team of .NET developers and sharing your technical experience and best practices
Experience required for the Lead Software Developer:
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience in a senior .NET development role.
- A demonstrable product focused approach to developing software.
- Experience of delivering software and services using cloud-native and serverless architectures.
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft .NET stack and associate Microsoft development technologies.
- Highly experienced with SQL Server, both in terms of working with large datasets, and development of complex stored procedures / scripting
- Extensive knowledge of Software Architecture, design patterns and standards, particularly working with RESTful APIs and n-tier architectures
- Significant experience of ORMs, we use NHibernate
- Good skills in debugging / fault finding, both in front and back-end systems
- Knowledge of dealing with environmental and server-based deployments/ issues
- Would be nice, but not essential, exposure to mobile solutions