This role will provide excellent experience in the design and development of electrical switchgear and associated products. We are looking for experienced design engineers with an eye for detail who can work independently and as part of a team. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must, as the successful candidate will work with multiple disciplines during products lifecycle.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out the electrical design of Anord Mardix switchgear and other power distribution products
- Create general arrangements and electrical schematics using AutoCAD and AutoCAD electrical
- Generate accurate bills of materials for purchasing
- Generate other supporting documentation such as work instructions
- Maintain accurate & up to date records of designs and documentation
- Plan and execute tasks in line with the project and master schedules
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers, attending meetings where necessary
- Work with other Anord Mardix teams to identify and resolve issues proactively
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of products and processes
- Train and mentor junior team members
- Work actively within the engineering team to help foster a positive and supportive working environment
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Have a third level qualification in Electrical Engineering or come from a related technical background
- Have 3+ years’ experience in an electrical design role
- Have the ability to read and interpret product standards, customer specifications and electrical single line diagrams
- Be experienced in creating electrical schematics, using AutoCAD Electrical or similar
- Be experienced in generating bills of materials
- Having experience in the design of electrical power distribution systems would be considered extremely advantageous e.g., LV/MV switchgear, busduct, UPS, etc.
- PLC and Automation experience would also be beneficial
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Have a methodical approach to problem solving
- Be flexible with your working hours and have a willingness to travel if required
Why Work for Us?
At Anord Mardix, we know just how important it is to value our team. Because, without our employees, we wouldn’t be us.
So what are the benefits that you can look forward to as an Anord Mardix employee? Whether it’s a Cycle to Work scheme, buying annual leave or getting funding for the training and development you need to take the next step in your career, we’ll do our best to help.
As an Anord Mardix employee, you can look forward to the following benefits;
- Contributory pension scheme
- Early finish time every Friday
- Statutory leave top-up payments
- Buying & selling annual leave
- Further education financial support
- Flexible working and work from home policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Christmas saving scheme
For more than a century, the Anord and Mardix names have stood for innovation, reliability, and safety in the critical power industry, and that is more prominent now since the formation of Anord Mardix. Together we are the global leader in critical power distribution and protection and have operations in North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Our 9 world-class manufacturing facilities comprise over 450,000sq/ft of production space with rapid expansion options and total quality control throughout. We produce the most comprehensive product range in the market including industry leading LV and HV switchgear, custom built modular solutions, flexible data hall distribution and our technically superior busbar and busway range. All our products are integrated with Anord Mardix power management systems, and we offer a unique service capability.
We are a vendor of choice to the global data centre and cloud computing industries. Our ability to customise and produce on a large scale delivers the most reliable end-to-end power systems to all our customers, from independent providers to hyper-scale leaders.